Sunday, April 8, 2012

Vigilante


• Link: [MediaFire]
(Note: Non-H)

Nickelodeon [Red], this time about a masked crime-fighter.

On an unrelated subject, I was kinda surprised how closely split the poll about manga translation technique was (well, only 78 votes, but still.) I didn't vote, but in my opinion getting closer to the feel of what the author originally wrote is more important than literal translations of what actual words appear. I guess you could say the more literal the translation, the closer to the author's intention it would be, but I'd argue the author never wanted their characters to speak in peculiar and awkward sentences, either. Oh well, that's just the trade off translation comes with, right? Maybe I should try sticking as literal as I can next time just for fun though. ;)

So, I think there's only like, what, 3 shorts left from Nickelodeon now? Then all there is is monthly(?) Oddman 11 and maybe Ayame and Amane...

-thetsuuyaku



[info]

Title: Vigilante 「ヴィジランティ」
Artist: Dowman Sayman 「道漫晴明」
Published in: Nickelodeon [Red] 「ニッケルオデオン 【赤】」